Effective Date: February 2018
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: PT Non-exempt
Hours: 6-8 hours per month average with additional hours during annual Financial Review
Application Deadline: March 12, 2018
Summary: Provides financial processing and reporting for Literacy Volunteers of Rochester operations monthly and maintains fiscal records and compliance documents.
• Enter expenses and income in accounting software system according to grant and account allocation.
• Process payments according to LVR financial policy manual and grant requirements.
• Process receipts according to LVR financial policy manual and grant requirements.
• Enter and record payroll bi-¬monthly using QuickBooks.
• Reconcile bank statements with accounting system monthly.
• Reconcile investment accounts quarterly and post accounting entries in QuickBooks.
• Generate financial statements by program monthly and by funder as requested.
• Prepare for and be on site for the annual financial statement review. Provide information to reviewer as requested.
• Support program and agency management in budget development, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
• Maintain financial system in audit-¬ready condition.
• Reconcile credit card payments monthly.
• Prepare and file annual Federal Forms 5500 and 1099. Provide information to outside accountants for the 990 and Char500.
• Attend Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
• Maintain regular communication with LVR Board Treasurer.
Special Requirements: Reliable transportation.
Associates Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university. A minimum two years’ experience in not-¬for-¬profit accrual-based accounting. Experience with not-¬for-¬profit accounting software required; QuickBooks preferred. Experience recording transactions for federal and state government grants preferred.
Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LVR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LVR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LVR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LVR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.