Job Title: Digital Literacy Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Digital Literacy Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Deadline: Monday, October 21, 2019
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day interactions with volunteers and partner organizations that are necessary to ensure that the Literacy Rochester (LR) Digital Literacy Program achieves its objectives. Duties include recruiting, training, and supporting program volunteers, managing schedules, communicating with program sites, and collecting program data.
· Perform routine visits with volunteers and site supervisors. Verifying technology is in working order and any areas of need during the visit.
· Recruit and train individuals interested in becoming Digital Literacy volunteers.
· Provide outreach to community-based organizations to grow volunteer base and increase program awareness.
· Research and obtain information on community resources available to Digital Literacy volunteers and customers.
· Attend staff meetings, volunteer trainings, and community events as needed.
· Facilitate occasional instructional technology classes and workshops.
· Assist in the collection and preparation of program data for reporting and evaluation on a regular basis.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Digital Literacy Director or LR Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent education and experience will be considered.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of human services or volunteer-based organization, volunteer supervision a plus.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation a must.
· Available to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and limited weekend hours.
· Working knowledge of commonly used computer programs, strong internet navigation skills, and troubleshooting ability a must.
· Good judgment and sensitivity when working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages, refugee and immigrant populations and low-income individuals.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Literacy Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Literacy Rochester continually reaffirms our legal obligation and commitment to fostering a working environment free from discrimination. LR will consider all job applicants and employees for placement, development programs, job assignments, transfers and promotions regardless of age, race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status/service, or domestic violence victim status.