Effective Date: 2022
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
This position is responsible for managing the creation and execution of events and organization communications that raise funding and awareness of Literacy Rochester’s mission and programs.
– Create all print and digital communications
– Produce monthly newsletters, brochures, annual reports, holiday appeals, regular emails spanning all programs and efforts, event invitations, and direct mail campaigns.
– Run all online fundraising campaigns
– Oversee or assist with coordination of all in-person events
– Create and execute a communications calendar
– Manage website
– Plan and manage our social media platforms by generating, editing, publishing, and sharing engaging content daily
– Support assigned committees
– Bachelor’s degree or comparable education/work experience
– Ability to manage many different projects simultaneously
– Successful track record planning and carrying out events
– Ability to produce impactful content of organizational work
– Experience interviewing subjects and writing articles with attention to detail
– Strong writing skills in English
– Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages, and people from diverse backgrounds.
– Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
– Degree in Communications or Marketing
– Experience managing social media accounts for non-profits.
– Experience using donor software and CRM tools
– Experience with website maintenance, specifically using WordPress
– Experience setting and meeting strategic communications objectives and annual goals
About Literacy Rochester
Literacy Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Literacy Rochester continually reaffirms our legal obligation and commitment to fostering a working environment free from discrimination. LR will consider all job applicants and employees for placement, development programs, job assignments, transfers, and promotions regardless of age, race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status/service, or domestic violence victim status.