Job Title: Digital Literacy Marketing Coordinator
Effective Date: April 2020
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Digital Literacy Director
Summary: Under the direction of the Digital Literacy Director, support operations of the Literacy Rochester (LR) Digital Literacy (DL) Program including all aspects of program marketing. Provide support in areas including planning, branding, messaging, partnership building, event planning, and community participation.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that include timelines, budgets, strategies, and tactics.
- Manage marketing campaigns from development through execution, including measurement of impact; follow best practices.
- Design materials and manage vendors; follow co-branding standards set by Literacy Rochester and the Office of Adult and Career Education Services (OACES).
- Write blog posts.
- Manage digital marketing efforts, including crafting social media posts and website updates.
- Provide outreach to communities where customers live and organizations that may refer customers or volunteers.
- Research and obtain information on community resources available to the DL Program, its partners, volunteers, and customers.
- Provide support for communication and coordination with LR and DL partners.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DL Director or LR Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of three years of experience in marketing or related field; equivalent degree and experience will be considered.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including use of presentation programs for both internal training and community educational outreach.
- Understanding of brand standards execution, including experience with design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud Apps and/or Canva.
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of web-based and social media tools.
- Experience with WordPress a highly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Reliable transportation to travel to various work-site locations throughout Monroe County.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and Saturdays as needed.
- Strong customer-centered service and organizational skills (including record-keeping and computer tracking).
- Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate and low-income adults, as well as speakers of other languages.
- Ability to understand, interpret and prepare written materials.
- Willingness to learn about programs and resources adults can access in the community.
- Enthusiasm and attention to detail.