Effective Date: January 2022
Job Title: Digital Literacy Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full Time
Coordinates the operations of the LR Digital Literacy Program (DL) in Ontario, Yates, and Wayne counties. This will include recruitment, training, and supervision of program volunteers in those counties. Directs the work of DL program including scheduling and coordinating with sites and collection and reporting of all program data. Additional responsibilities include coordinating program marketing, supporting fund development for the program, and work with staff/volunteers at navigator program sites in Ontario, Yates, and Wayne counties.
Specific Duties for Digital Literacy in Ontario, Yates, and Wayne counties:
– Recruit, train, and provide placement for Digital Literacy volunteer navigators.
– Oversee all activities, reporting, and documentation of the DL program.
– Be primary contact for partnership locations and relationships.
– Assist in the preparation, implementation, measurement, and evaluation of the DL program.
– Provide outreach to community-based organizations that may refer customers or provide volunteers.
– Prepare online and printed materials to promote the program in the community.
– Research and obtain information on community resources available to the DL program, its volunteers, and customers.
– Distribute and maintain equipment for DL Navigators at program sites.
– Provide site coverage for navigator services as needed.
– Attend staff meetings and individual meetings with Executive Director and Program Director as needed.
– Perform other duties as assigned by organizational leadership.
– Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of human services.
– A commitment to provide customer -centered services.
– A valid NYS driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
– Must be able to travel between program sites in Ontario, Yates, and Wayne counties.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages, and people from diverse backgrounds.
– Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of web-based and social media tools.
– Strong presentation skills needed for both internal, training, and community educational outreach.
– Strong organizational skills (including record-keeping, computer tracking)
About Literacy Rochester:
Literacy Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Literacy Rochester continually reaffirms our legal obligation and commitment to fostering a working environment free from discrimination. LR will consider all job applicants and employees for placement, development programs, job assignments, transfers, and promotions regardless of age, race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status/service, or domestic violence victim status.