Applications accepted through the end of business on Monday, May 27, 2019. Please include a resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements with application.
Job Title: Digital Literacy Volunteer Coordinator
Effective Date: May 2019
Reports to: Digital Literacy Director
Summary: Under the direction of the Digital Literacy Director, provide support to the operations of the LVR Digital Literacy Program including recruitment, training, and support of program volunteers. Provide support in areas including; scheduling volunteers, program marketing, communicating with program sites and collection of program data.
- Recruit and provide training and placement for Digital Literacy volunteers.
- Provide site coverage for digital literacy services as needed. Assist in the collection and preparation of program data for reporting and evaluation.
- Provide outreach to community-based organizations that may refer customers or provide volunteers.
- Present to community groups regarding the program and to recruit volunteers.
- Research and obtain information on community resources available to the Digital Literacy program, its volunteers and customers.
- Attend staff meetings and individual meetings with Digital Literacy Director as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Digital Literacy Director or Executive Director.
- Provide occasional instructional staffing support to the LVR Learning Center by providing technology classes and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the field of human services.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of web-based and social media tools.
- Strong presentation skills needed for both internal training and community educational outreach.
- Ability to work at remote site locations within Monroe County.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule which may include Saturdays.
- Strong customer service and strong organizational skills.
- Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages and volunteers.
- Ability to understand, interpret and prepare written materials.
- Willingness to learn about the program and about resources adults can access in the community.
- Enthusiasm and attention to detail.
Please include a resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements with application.
Literacy Volunteers of Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LVR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LVR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LVR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LVR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.