3 Steps to Volunteer
1. Attend a Preview. Register online or call 585.473.3030. This free, one-hour session provides an overview of LVR. All prospective volunteers must attend a Preview
2. Fill out an volunteer application at the Preview
3. Decide which program best suits your interests and talents
Your volunteer choice may mean that additional training is required.
- 21 years or older to become a tutor
- 18 years or older to become a Digital Literacy navigator or other volunteer
- High School or alternative diploma
- Adult Basic Education (ABE): work one-to-one with native English speakers who have never learned to read well
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): help those with limited English-language skills to speak, read and write in English, as well as to navigate our culture.
- Register online to attend a Preview and started
- Special Projects:
- If you only want to work on a short-term project or have a particular interest in a special project that’s coming up, this opportunity is for you. For more information on upcoming special projects, click here.
Get started so you can give back and get back!
Register online for a Preview Session or call 585.473.3030.