3 Steps to Volunteer
- Decide which program(s) best suits your interests and talents
- Attend an orientation to learn more about LVR
- Complete an online volunteer application
Your volunteer choice may mean that additional training is required
- 21 years or older to become a tutor
- 17 years or older to become a Digital Literacy navigator or other volunteer
- High School or alternative diploma
Launch your volunteer career!
English or math Tutor
- Adult Basic Education (ABE): work one-to-one with native English speakers who have never learned to read well
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): help those with limited English-language skills to speak, read and write in English, as well as to navigate our culture
Digital Literacy Navigator
- One-to-one assistance for individuals seeking help with learning computer skills, and resolving challenges like web access, completing online forms or applications, and other computer-essential needs.
- Click for more program information
- Work on a short-term project or provide assistance with a specific need. For more information, click here