Effective Date: July 2021
Job Title: Group Coordinator
Reports to: Instructional Director
Offer administrative program support for LR activities related to the recruitment and training of small group volunteers and contract instructors and the support of adult literacy students. This position oversees and manages the assignment of small group students and volunteers. Responsible for the case management for all small group students.
Small group classes:
- Oversee the intake and placement of adult literacy students.
- Collect required paperwork and maintain student records.
- Coordinate and report all testing for students in classes.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the assessment, placement, or instructional process.
- Provide communication and support to both students and instructors throughout the process.
- Schedule and help create all small group instructional offerings offsite and at LR.
- Cover for or find substitutes for math, reading, or English Conversation classes, when needed.
- Advise students and instructors on available additional resources that could assist the students learning. Such as but not limited to library materials, upcoming in-services, diagnostic testing, community consultants, support groups or book groups, jobs programs, etc.
Case Management for small group classes:
- Provide support and guidance to an adult student entering and persisting in a literacy program.
- Identify barriers to employment.
- Connect students to the local Employment OneStop and Job Zone.
- Identify barriers to post-secondary education or job training.
- Conduct initial Intake and Assessment.
- Report Contact data in ASISTS.
- Track referrals to outside resources in ASISTS.
- Provide scheduling, set-up, and coverage, as needed, for Volunteer Information Sessions and Tutor trainings.
- Serves as agency ADA Manager for offsite classes; as such, assists participants who seek accommodations by referring participants to community services to best meet their needs.
- Attend staff, department and board meetings with Instructional Director as needed.
- Work closely with Instructional Staff in ensuring clear and seamless transitions of responsibility in all areas.
- Support One-to-One Coordinator as a back-up.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned by Instructional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or a mixture of education and experience.
- At least one year experience in case management, human services, or adult education.
- Knowledge of and/or professional experience with adult English as a Second Language programs, highly desirable.
- Strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages, and volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and prepare written materials; ability to represent Literacy Rochester with enthusiasm and a welcoming attitude.
- Strong digital skills with a working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office 365 a plus.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Literacy Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Literacy Rochester continually reaffirms our legal obligation and commitment to fostering a working environment free from discrimination. LR will consider all job applicants and employees for placement, development programs, job assignments, transfers, and promotions regardless of age, race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status/service, or domestic violence victim status.