Effective Date: May 2022
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Program Director
Provides administrative, clerical, and program support for the LR instructional department.
- Responsible for all aspects of student assessments. Will coordinate scheduling of students and assessment volunteers, will send testing updates to tutors, and keep track of who needs testing throughout the year.
- Responsible for entering data into the New York State Reporting data system as required and work with the Program Director to ensure New York State Education Department compliance.
- Provide scheduling, set-up, and coverage, for Volunteer Information Sessions.
- Responsible for Instructional Calendar and room bookings
- Answer the phone and field correspondence for instructional staff.
- Assist Instructional Coordinator with tutor and student requests such as but not limited to library materials, upcoming in-services, diagnostic testing, community consultants, support, etc.
- Attend staff, department, and board meetings with Program Director and Executive Director as needed.
- Work closely with Instructional Staff in ensuring clear and seamless transitions of responsibility in all areas.
- Support Instructional Coordinator as a back-up.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university preferred or a mixture of education and experience.
- At least one year experience in case management, human services, or adult education.
- Strong communication, organizational, customer service, and administrative skills.
- Good judgment and sensitivity in working with low-literate adults, speakers of other languages, and volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and prepare written materials.
- Ability to represent Literacy Rochester with enthusiasm and a welcoming attitude.
- Strong digital skills with a working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office 365 a plus.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Literacy Rochester is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. LR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As such, LR is steadfast to creating and reinforcing a work environment and services that are free from discrimination and harassment. LR believes that people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs enrich our workplace and LR is committed to promoting and embracing a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Literacy Rochester continually reaffirms our legal obligation and commitment to fostering a working environment free from discrimination. LR will consider all job applicants and employees for placement, development programs, job assignments, transfers, and promotions regardless of age, race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status/service, or domestic violence victim status.