Teach students reading, math, or English as a Second language skills. Register for an Volunteer Informational Session for more information and to get started. Tutor FAQs
– 21 years or older to become a tutor
– High School or alternative diploma
Upcoming Volunteer Informational Sessions:
– Monday, April 8th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, April 24th @12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, May 8th @ 5:30 pm, Register Here
– Monday, May 13th @12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, May 22nd @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, May 22nd @ 5:30 pm, Register Here
– Monday, June 3rd @12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, June 5th @ 5:30 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, June 26th @12:00 pm, Register Here
One-to-one tutoring is provided to adults 18 and over who are seeking assistance with reading or math (below the 9th grade level) or English as a Second Language. We help students achieve their individual goals as they are paired with a trained tutor. Students and tutors meet in public places in Monroe County as they work together to achieve success.
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION
Skill Building classes reinforce basic math and reading skills for adult students entering the Tutoring Program. Access classes are small group classes in math and reading for students who are seeking access to basic literacy, high school equivalency or vocational training programs. Classes are conducted at LVR and at the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC) downtown.