Teach students reading, math, or English as a Second language skills. Register for an Volunteer Informational Session for more information and to get started. Tutor FAQs
– 21 years or older to become a tutor
– High School or alternative diploma
Upcoming Volunteer Informational Sessions:
– Wednesday, June 26th @12:00 pm, Register Here
– Monday, July 8th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, July 10th @5:30 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, July 24th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, August 7th @5:30 pm, Register Here
– Monday, August 12th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, August 28th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
– Monday, September 9th @12:00 pm, Register Here
– Wednesday, September 25th @ 12:00 pm, Register Here
One-to-one tutoring is provided to adults 18 and over who are seeking assistance with reading or math (below the 9th grade level) or English as a Second Language. We help students achieve their individual goals as they are paired with a trained tutor. Students and tutors meet in public places in Monroe County as they work together to achieve success.
SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION
Skill Building classes reinforce basic math and reading skills for adult students entering the Tutoring Program. Access classes are small group classes in math and reading for students who are seeking access to basic literacy, high school equivalency or vocational training programs. Classes are conducted at LVR and at the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC) downtown.