- 75% of the brain is made up of water.
- The three layers of protective covering that surround the brain are called meninges (“məˈninjēz”).
- The brain is part of the nervous system.
- The human brain is considered to be fully mature at 25 years old.
- Albert Einstein’s brain had greater than average neuron density.
- Herbert Hoover was US president when the stock market crashed in 1929.
- Richard Nixon was US president when the first astronaut landed on the moon in 1969.
- Woodrow Wilson was US president when the 19th amendment was passed in 1919.
- Thomas Jefferson was US president when the Louisiana Purchase took place in 1803.
- Theodore Roosevelt was US president when the Wright Brothers made their first flight in 1903.
- Aurors were given authority to kill Voldemort’s supporters on sight.
- Ollivander’s wands included the heartstrings of a dragon in their core.
- The Doctor’s special tool was the Sonic Screwdriver.
- Doctor Who debuted in 1963.
- Joey’s favorite food is sandwiches.
- “Come and get your love” by Redbone is the song that plays over the opening credits of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Robert Duvall’s character says he loves the smell of napalm in the morning.
- Reservoir Dogs was Quentin Tarantino’s first feature to hit theaters as writer/director.
- Alec Guinness is the only person to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in a Star Wars movie.
- In Back to the Future, Doc Brown’s dog was named Einstein.
- Water polo was not new to the 2021 Summer Olympics.
- Two runners from each heat advance to the final race in the women’s 100 meter dash.
- Silver medals at the Olympics are made entirely of silver.
- The US won the most medals at the 2021 Summer Olympics.
- The Norway women’s beach handball team protested the uniforms.
- Mendon Ponds Park is the largest of Monroe County’s parks.
- Frederick Law Olmstead designed Highland Park, Seneca Park, Genesee Valley Park, and Maplewood Park.
- Churchville Park has both a disc golf and a regular golf course.
- Springdale Farm is the name of the farm run by Heritage Christian Services at Northampton Park.
- You can take a downhill skiing lesson at Powder Mills Park.